Funny thing—when you are planning your wedding, it is all about the dress, the perfect gown for you that becomes the centerpiece of your wedding day. But unless you are the exceptional bride, you probably have not thought about what happens to your gown afterwards. Here are ten top reasons for preserving your gown after the wedding.
10. You have more space in your bedroom closet. Your husband loved the way you looked in your gown, but sad to say, now he would like to get into his side of the closet without having to tango with your dress.
9. Your mom wants a guest room. Unless you have no interest at all in your gown, you had better take it from here before she turns it into a bedspread.
8. You will not have to worry when you move to a new house. It is not likely the moving men are willing to wash their hands before they touch your gown so it is best to protect it before they arrive.
7. You will not have to scramble when your daughter is born. You have enough to do with a new baby in the house, so get your dress ready for her before she arrives. (And remember to have your christening gown renewed for her, too.)
6. You want your gown to look the way it did before your favorite niece gave you a chocolate hug and your Uncle Bob christened you with wine—worse yet red wine!
Click here to read more…
Article courtesy of:
Sally Lorensen Conant, Ph.D.
Association of Wedding Gown Specialists