The flowers you select for your wedding reception and ceremony decorations set a tone and style of your celebration. They support your chosen theme, reflect the color scheme and create a consistent ambiance for events throughout the day. When considering a florist for your wedding, here are some suggestions:
- High prices don’t always result in top quality. Focus on the services offered and the way the professional handles your requests. Only then should you make a decision.
- Find a flower designer with personality, imagination and creativity – one who asks questions about your wedding and is willing to listen to your thoughts and dreams.
- Make sure you talk with the florist who will actually design your arrangements and do the on-site wedding floral decorations. Be open to his or her ideas, suggestions, alternatives and recommendations.
- Ask about delivery service. Will the shop move flowers between locations and rearrange flowers as needed?
- Ask for references, and ask to see pictures. The best florists have extensive portfolios for you to review.
- When you reach agreement about a decorating program, establish the price and get the terms in writing. Don’t leave the cost open-ended.