April showers bring May flowers, and May flowers can add a beautiful touch to any wedding! Here are the nine wedding flowers that top the list for May, from bouquets to centerpieces and everything in between…
1. Peonies – These soft, romantic flowers are best grown in May, but are among the most requested by couples in any season.
2. Gerbera Daisies – There is so much to love about these cheerful flowers! They come in a wide variety of bold or soft colors, and you can add them to any center piece to create a whimsical look.
3. Alstromeria – Often used as a filler flower for bouquets and centerpieces, alstromeria is a hardy flower and available in a variety of colors and shades, making it one of the most versatile wedding flowers.
4. Calla Lilies – Available in colors ranging from white to deep eggplant, these flowers will always be one of the most popular for weddings, especially when in miniature form.
5. Delphinium – This is such a popular summer flower and comes in shades of blue, pink, white, and purple. Because it is so small, it is often used with larger blooms to give the piece more visual interest.
6. Freesia – A beautifully scented flower, freesia gives wedding floral a delicate and romantic touch. This is very popular in English Garden style wedding bouquets.
7. Lisianthus – This beauty is often used as a rose substitute and is available in shades ranging from blush pinks to berry reds, as well as yellow, purple, and lavender.
8. Cymbidium Orchids – For couples wanting an exotic feel to their wedding, cymbidium orchids are a wonderful option. The blooms are bright and cheerful, offering an elegant touch.
9. Tulips – The month of May rounds out the peak for tulip season. These blooms represent everything we love about spring, making them a sweet choice for a wedding. However, living in a desert climate, we have to be careful with these delicate flowers, as tulips are prone to drooping in hot, dry weather.
Thank you Susan Southerland from Head Over Heels for sharing with us just a few options when it comes to all the possibilities of wedding floral.
For more on wedding and wedding planning visit PerfectWeddingGuide.com!