Today’s bride and groom are all about experiences. And when it comes to their reception, more couples are planning fun, relaxed and kid friendly soirées for their guests. In fact, one of the trends sweeping the wedding scene is having games at the reception. If you are planning a wedding and want to guarantee your guests will have fun, games are the way to go!
Depending on the theme of your wedding, you can have fun planning the games that will suit your style. From board games to carnival games, you can plan just about anything to make sure your guests are having fun and interacting with each other. To help you come up with ideas, here’s a list of some fun games you might plan on playing with your guests!
It’s all Fun & Games
- Board Games – One of the easiest things to have at your wedding are board games like Candy Land, Scrabble or Mystery Date!
- Jumbo Games – Jumbo games can really make a statement at your wedding including Dominoes, Connect Four, Checkers and Chess.
- Summer Camp Games – Go back to your days at summer camp with a game of Tug-of-War or Sack Racing.
- Carnival Games – Balloon Darts, Ring Toss, a Hot Dog Eating Contest or a Bake-Off. Have guests bring their best desert for a chance to win a prize!
- Video Games – For your inner gamer, try creating an arcade with Dance Dance Revolution and old school Super Mario or Duck Hunt.
- Lawn Games – For a more sophisticated spin on wedding games, try lawn games including Croquet, Mini Golf or Bocce Ball.
Remember, try to be creative and original. If you see ideas that you like, try to put a creative and unique spin on it.
— Perfect Wedding Guide Team
What’s your spin on games at weddings? Do you have any fun ideas to share? Leave a comment, we would love to hear from you!
For more on everything Wedding + Wedding Planning, visit us at: PerfectWeddingGuide.com