We recently had our annual Bridal Board + Vendor Mixer and it was a huge success! While we enjoyed gourmet cuisine from Isleta Resort & Casino, local brides, grooms and newlyweds sat on our panel to answer some tough questions from local wedding professionals.
Whether you’re a wedding professional or planning your own wedding, however, we gathered lots of good info and we’d love to share it with you! As you plan your wedding, we thought you may want to get a perspective on the experience of other brides and grooms in town.
Take a look at the Q&A from the Bridal Board + Vendor Mixer!
- What is the most important thing you are looking for when hiring a wedding professional? Brides and grooms want to be able to trust the vendor and to feel important. We want you to make everything all about us. Show up to appointments on time and respond in a timely manner. We want you to take our ideas seriously and to know that you’re genuinely interested and care about us.
- What turns you off about wedding professionals you interview? Not replying to inquiries. Getting our name wrong. Errors on your website. If you don’t represent yourselves well and have no confidence in your work. We don’t like when you’re scripted. It comes across disingenuous. And we certainly don’t like receiving automated email after we’re already married, so make sure you know who you’re sending correspondence. We don’t like to be looked at like we’re too young or for you to force your own ideas on us. And it’s a big turn off when you bash the competition.
- What are things a wedding professional did or can do to exceed your expectations? Demonstrate a lot of examples of work, specifically, unique work. Offer affordable prices. Take time to find out our journey and what we want. Be available. The more you communicate the better. Pay attention and be personal. We want to set our expectations high. Doing the little things will stand out.
- What are your preferred methods of communication, i.e. offers, coupons, promotions, etc.? Email. We don’t like to receive a lot of calls. Text messages are fine. But make sure to ask what we prefer.
- How important is food and what price? Food is extremely important to today’s brides and grooms. We are foodies and love experiences with food. We like food trucks, variety and flexibility. Couples will eliminate entire venues or caterers if we don’t like the menu.
- Is there something a wedding professional did or can do to inspire you to go another direction? Styled photo shoots. They help us see the possibilities.
- What are price expectations for officiants? We think it’s strange that prices range from 150-500. Officiants should have a fair and consistent price.
- What do you use to find vendors? Word of mouth, bridal shows and Perfect Wedding Guide. And no, we didn’t encourage them to say this (lol) – but of course, it made us giddy inside to hear them have great experiences with our wedding community.
- How much does social media influence your planning? A lot. It’s quick and easy. And we love Pinterest!
What’s your perspective on these topics? We would love to hear from you! Leave your comments be…
A special thanks to our sponsors for being so generous with your products and services, making our Bridal Board + Vendor Mixer a huge success! We couldn’t have done it without you!
For more on everything Wedding + Wedding Planning, visit us at: PerfectWeddingGuide.com